CORE has valuable incentives and connections to many programs to help assist you with your residence in Hamilton.
Are you looking to move into Hamilton as a resident or as a business? CORE has many connections and things to offer to help assist you with moving into Hamilton. For more details, please visit the city's economic development page.
- Add CRA to the list of incentives - The Community Reinvestment Area (CRA) provides property owners a tax exemption for investing in property improvements. The goal of the CRA is to incentivize revitalization where barriers to investment exist. The CRA tax exemption will be available for both residential and commercial development and can be utilized throughout Hamilton. http://www.hamiltonohiobusiness.com/doing-business-here/incentives/
- Keep Efficiency Smart - Efficiency Smart helps customers of Hamilton Utilities lower their electric bills through energy efficiency, guiding them to savings with financial incentives and expert advice. There are programs for commercial and residential users. http://www.efficiencysmart.org/
- Historic Rehab Loan and Grant - Neighborhood Housing Services (NHS) offers many programs helpful to Hamilton homeowners. NHS has a Historic Rehab Loan and Grant program available to people in Hamilton’s historic districts. A person can apply up to $25,000 for a loan and receive a $5,000 grant – totaling $30,000. A person has to borrow a minimum of $15,000 in order to receive the $5,000 grant. However, they still can apply for less money, minus the grant. This program is on a first come, first serve basis and those interested in the program should contact NHS. NHS also has a Downpayment/Closing Cost Assistance Program, Home Repair and Improvement Loans, and more. For more information on how NHS programs, check out their website here.
- IMPROVE Program – There are exterior building improvement matching grants for both downtown Hamilton and Main Street. Stay tuned for more information.
- Historic Preservation Tax Credits - For larger projects, the Federal Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credit is a 20% tax credit for buildings on the historic register. Ohio has a 25% historic preservation tax credit that is awarded on a competitive basis.